Hands Up Communication’s VRI (Video Remote Interpreting) is a multilingual communication tool that will give you the power to communicate face to face, or through a phone call, with any Limited-English Proficiency (LEP) or deaf individual.
Simple, easy, and free to download:
Hands Up VRI provides an impressive, yet simple way to carry with you a qualified remote interpreter, wherever you have a smart phone, tablet, or laptop. Our unique platform offers communication in 190 different languages, will work anywhere with an internet connection, and requires little to no effort to distribute throughout your organization.
It is free to download, free to have an account and does not require a contract. Alls under 30 seconds are free. The only charge to our users will be a reasonable cost for per minute usage. When using this tool from your iPhone, Android, tablet, or web browser, you will immediately notice how straight forward and transparent it is. The focus of this technology aims to define the next generation of bilingual communication.
Not only can VRI can be used in conjunction with your current interpreting resources, it can also be utilized as a primary interpretation method for your organization. This technology offers you the opportunity to incorporate a healthy mixture of interpreting resources into your organization. Instant access to a qualified remote interpreter is useful when presented with time sensitive situations, or last-minute engagements. Our VRI is for anyone and everyone.
Just a few industries who benefit from VRI include:
- Healthcare: to communicate with patients in exam rooms, during check in, or to call a patient at home to provide information regarding lab work or appointments.
- Education: in the classroom, during conferences, or to stay in touch with parents over the phone.
- Non-Profit: serving the needs of all limited-English proficiency and or deaf/hard of hearing individuals who identify with your organization
- Emergency Services: (Police Departments, Fire Departments): traffic stops, emergency situations and reaching out to the LEP community directly with phone calls and other emergency situations.
- Government: social work and immigration
- Business: conferences, offices, and customer relations.